20 August, 2008

Be Still

I love nights like this...


We had a great weekend hanging out with friends and relaxing. There is nothing better than a day of pampering, a hair cut, beautiful weather, having a blast with friends at the boathouse, and watching Michael Phelps make history.

I just needed a weekend to be still. I think that there's a lesson in that somewhere. I've been running around like crazy since I moved here and I haven't really stopped. I don't know if its because I'm really excited to live in a place with lots to do, or I'm avoiding something. Either way, I just don't know how to sit still.

This weekend was a good reminder just to .. be. No agenda, no to-do list, just be. I need to continually learn that lesson.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love you friend. I need to be reminded to just be all to often. thanks!

Amanda said...

Amy, I simply love your blog. I love hearing what is on your heart even though you are so far away. You have such beautiful thoughts. I appreciate your willingness to be open and share. Every time I read one of your entries I just want to give you a big hug!! :) I love you, friend!!

Erika said...

Yeah, I found your blog again!! I can't wait to be reading it. Miss you,