28 February, 2008

No one else

I react to songs in different ways. If I'm really jamming, I usually bob my head to the beat or sway to the right. If I'm rocking out, my hands usually form a "ROCK ON" symbol and I'm screaming. If I'm trying to listen, I generally close my eyes.

But if I'm really feeling the music, I close my eyes, put my hand over my heart, and sway.

Last night was one of those moments....

Shane & Shane, Starfield, and Bethany Dillon held a concert here. I've loved all of them as I've watched them mature into the artists they are today. Beth's music has always spoken to me the most. It is genuine and real, and it easily translates to many stages of my life and walk with God. She started with this song last night - just her and her guitar. Raw, acoustic, and heartfelt. I easily recognized it from Hillsong United, but she did an amazing job.

...My eyes were definitely closed, hand over my heart, swaying.



None but Jesus

In the quiet
In the stillness
I know, that you are God

In the secret
Of your presence
There I am restored

When you call I wont refuse
Each new day again I’ll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring him praise

In the chaos
In confusion, I know
You’re soverign still

In the moment
Of my weakness
You give, me grace to do your will

So when you call I won’t delay
This my song, through all my days

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring him praise

All my delight is in you Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in you Lord
Forevermore

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring him praise

3 comments:

annaelyse said...

what a beautiful moment! those folks are coming here in 2 weeks, but it's on a sunday night and i HAVE to be at church. stink! i'll call you soon...what nights are good for you?

Mandy said...

I wish I could have been there with you! Starfield is leading worship at Challenge 08 in Salt Lake City. I am going with our youth group and I am SO excited.

californiameaghan said...

i bet that concert was great!!!

i tagged you in a post on my blog... check it out.

how were your interviews in san fran?