16 June, 2008

Lessons in DC

The past week has been an eye-opener for me in many ways. Here is a short list of the things I've learned:

1) I'm no longer afraid of using escalators

2) I have a new meaning of "Stand on the right, walk on the left"

3) Living in the nation's capitol and seeing national monuments will not grow old for a while

4) Drivers actually DO stop for pedestrians....well, most of the time

5) Even the most beloved people can die young

6) My feet will have permanent flip-flop scars

7) "Of course it is humid in DC.. it is built on a swamp, you know!?!" (Why did I decide to move from one swamp to another?)

8) I miss the comfort of knowing people and being deeply known.

9) The only place to get sweet tea is at McDonalds. Yes, you heard me correctly - Mickey D's

10) Metro = Cattle-car between the 8:00 - 8:45am and 5-7 pm

More to come later. I'm having a blast and learning a lot.

1 comment:

kelseynicole said...

I hope you like your new home. I'm praying for you!